The Parade

There was much anticipation as graduation week arrived. It was palpable. Notices came home. More notices were emailed. Protocols were reiterated. Rules were delineated. Expectations were set out. Cheques were cut. Stores were visited. And finally, it was here.

My favorite day, was the day of the parade. I took the a holiday to enjoy whatever might happen. I got to sleep in a bit and get a few jobs done around the house, before the graduate and I headed out to do some errands.

We spent the day together. It was nice to hang out. We picked up some items. We dropped off others, and finished up "the getting" for the grad outfit. Our list got shorter, and finally we stopped for a celebratory Booster Juice. On our way to pick up the grad's brother from school, we picked up the 'spandex suit' for the parade.

Then we went to the group picture place. It was rainy and cold, so we only stayed for a little bit.


Then we made our way to the parade street. The grad and I parted ways. He joined the parade and I joined the rest of the parents, grandparents, friends and well-wishers to watch.

The grads came in all sorts of transportation.


There were a couple of these.



This was one of my favorites.
An electric-powered Barbie Cadillac.
It took her a long time to come down the parade route.

The Bentley broke down. All the dads raced over to help push it.

The "Push, Pull, and Drag" show continued with this tractor. The young grad who brought it, was unsure of how much gas he had. And we all know that when a tractor runs out of gas, it takes a long time to fix that 'oopsie'.




I was informed later, that this wasn't a 'tank'. But it sure looked like that to me.


These young grads were having a case of prescience. [The ability to forsee future possibilities.]



These ladies did more walking than scootering.


This was the grad I was waiting for.
"Spandex Man" came rolling by.
Almost faster than I could take the picture.


After they all arrived, there was much milling about. "Spandex Man" got changed into his suit and lined up with the others for a 'grad group photo'. By this time, the rain was coming down in earnest, and the girlie grads were anxious to get in where it was dry. The official celebrations of the evening began.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Fun.....ffffffuuuuuuunnnnnnnn.............

thanks for taking us on the journey.
Memories created, never to be repeated!
But EVER to be enjoyed!!!!!!!!

xoxox
clwl
Anonymous said…
Quite the production! The ones flying in didn't seem to get as much mileage as say, the Barbie car...

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom