TACOJOES Anyone?

I had a stroke of brilliance the other night. I wandered around the grocery store, after work, when I was already tired and I came up with the most innovative meal EVER! Usually, when I am trying to get a 'meal in a hurry', I default to the frozen section and see what I could fake my family into believing that is really homemade.

This meal I designed, was so good, I didn't have a chance to take a picture of it before we gobbled it up, but for those of you who are 'auditory' learners, read the instructions out loud, and try and imagine how good this was.. and how easy, and fast.

I present:

TACOJOES. (even named it myself).

[The ingredients, in case you are dazzled by this recipe, and want to try it at home (kids), are numbered.]

The grocery store had those new 'flat' hamburger buns (#1). They are almost like an English muffin, only bigger and flatter. Not exactly as shown, but for the 'visual' learners among you, they will help you appreciate this recipe that much more.



I had left over Spaghetti Sauce (#2), (made with ground turkey) which although was really, good, wasn't being chosen for something to eat when the fridge was opened. My family is unique like that. They will open the fridge, and see what there is to eat, but not take anything out, unless it has a wrapper.

I knew I needed to use up the sauce, but that no one wanted spaghetti for the second or third time.

So I bought TACO seasoning. (#3) and another package of GROUND TURKEY (#4). Oh yes, and some SALSA (#5) and a small package of SOUR CREAM (#6). I already had ROMAINE LETTUCE (#7) and CHEESE (#8) on hand.

Once I was home, I cooked up the ground turkey and seasoning, and added my own spaghetti sauce. My #2 son grated the cheese and chopped up the lettuce. He also opened the jar of salsa, (nice to have a man around) and the carton of sour cream.

In less than 12 minutes, we were ready to toast the buns, and set them on the plates. Each of us topped the bun with the Tacojoe Sauce, added our own assortment of cheese, and salsa, and lettuce and sour cream and VOILA! A wonderful meal for all.

I'm so impressed with myself! I might even market it.

Comments

clwl said…
Sounds yummy and decadent.
A+ for creativity!
thanks for sharing it.

My own is Butter Pecan cake mix, mixed til the ingred. are moist, and poured overtop cut up fresh/frozen rhubarb, and a sprinkling of chopped nuts of your choice.

Can be done on a cookie sheet with sides
After cake is poured atop rhubarb, add "streusal" of your choice: butter, flour, oats, brown sugar; also some more bits of rhubarb atop, plus a few bits of nuts atop, and even a few raisins atop

DELIcious, and tasty. Betty Crocker has done the work in putting together the Butter Pecan. You just have to be creative with it.

xoxo
clwl
Love Guatemala said…
Great writing....maybe you could us write a book about Guatemala.....
by the way I have all your slippers.....

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom