Hidden Charges
"Would you like a medium or large with your order?"
"Would you like butter on your popcorn?"
"Would you like to make it a Mocha?"
"Would you like to apply for this job?"
"Would you like your child to attend the dance?"
All of these are questions I have been asked recently. My first response has been "Sure! I'm extra thirsty. Give me the large". "Butter? Absolutely. Yum." "Chicken would go great on my salad". "Job?!! Sign me up!" "Of course I want to let my child enjoy every bit of his grad experience. Let him dance like nobody's watching."
Then the truth is revealed. None of these are inclusive. The large drink? It costs extra. The butter on the popcorn? That will be another 75 cents. Choose the mocha option, and add 25 cents to the bill (before taxes). The job requires a police check (my cost), along with several other items too tedious to mention. And the dance? It was a separate cost, don't you know. Not included in the fees. That's because it goes to a different account. Here's the thing. He can't leave the building and go to the next event if he doesn't go to the dance.

There is such 'double speak' in the world. What are my actual choices? And why must I ask so many questions to find out the real answers. "Back in the day", when a price tag said $159.00, the final tally was actually close to that number. Not any more.
Add a recycling fee attached to the price of buying any electronics. Add 3 cents on top of the recycling fee when you buy bottles. And by the way, you are never going to get that 3 cents back. It doesn't go to recycling. Nope. Just into some distant government coffer, where they stash little bits of money they collect for funding important things, like shelters for unwanted chickens. If you want to let out the sleeves, the cost is 5$. No, no, not 5$ for both. 5$ for each.
I'm so tired of hidden charges. It complicates my already complicated life. I wish 'they' would just figure out what things actually cost, and then give me the product without charging me for the features, or the fees associated with having the product. I don't have the energy to constantly second guess what the bottom line will cost me.
That will be $2.49 for reading this post. And 72 cents for raising your blood pressure. Please pay your server.
"Would you like butter on your popcorn?"
"Would you like to make it a Mocha?"
"Would you like to apply for this job?"
"Would you like your child to attend the dance?"
All of these are questions I have been asked recently. My first response has been "Sure! I'm extra thirsty. Give me the large". "Butter? Absolutely. Yum." "Chicken would go great on my salad". "Job?!! Sign me up!" "Of course I want to let my child enjoy every bit of his grad experience. Let him dance like nobody's watching."
Then the truth is revealed. None of these are inclusive. The large drink? It costs extra. The butter on the popcorn? That will be another 75 cents. Choose the mocha option, and add 25 cents to the bill (before taxes). The job requires a police check (my cost), along with several other items too tedious to mention. And the dance? It was a separate cost, don't you know. Not included in the fees. That's because it goes to a different account. Here's the thing. He can't leave the building and go to the next event if he doesn't go to the dance.

There is such 'double speak' in the world. What are my actual choices? And why must I ask so many questions to find out the real answers. "Back in the day", when a price tag said $159.00, the final tally was actually close to that number. Not any more.
Add a recycling fee attached to the price of buying any electronics. Add 3 cents on top of the recycling fee when you buy bottles. And by the way, you are never going to get that 3 cents back. It doesn't go to recycling. Nope. Just into some distant government coffer, where they stash little bits of money they collect for funding important things, like shelters for unwanted chickens. If you want to let out the sleeves, the cost is 5$. No, no, not 5$ for both. 5$ for each.
I'm so tired of hidden charges. It complicates my already complicated life. I wish 'they' would just figure out what things actually cost, and then give me the product without charging me for the features, or the fees associated with having the product. I don't have the energy to constantly second guess what the bottom line will cost me.
That will be $2.49 for reading this post. And 72 cents for raising your blood pressure. Please pay your server.

Comments
thanks.
Love having you "say it for me".
xoxox
clwl