The end is near! The end is near!

Each day the calendar proclaims this fact. And true to form, for this time of year, life is ramping up.

It is a little strange though, not to be involved in any sorts of end-of-year programs, except of course the very exciting GRADUATION! that will be happening. There's no concerts to attend. No awards ceremonies. No recitals. No pool parties, or BBQs. It feels a little strange, not to be marking the calendar up with all manner of wrap ups. But not in a bad way. Just in a different way. A different season.

The end of the school year is marking a milestone for me. It is the end of a year-long experiment of working in the school system. I have thoroughly enjoyed being in the midst of all the energy of young kids. And the staff has been extraordinarily kind and patient with me, as I learned the ropes (and changed the ropes course a little bit with my inexperience)

And once again, I am in a spot of 'not knowing'. I am not sure what I will be doing next year. I have been reticent to make a pronouncement of anything, just in case I close a door that I would rather have open.

But for now, I am enjoying the fact that I can vicariously celebrate the gains made this year with the students. It has been exciting to see them grow academically. If I don't come back, I know I will miss the pace.

So although, the end is near, a beginning is just around the corner.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Specifics on graduation?
Whose? When?

Luv U

D-0
Nancy said…
Yup, I definitely love your blog! You are simply a lovely honest person. Congrats on being the parent of another graduate. Hope the rain barrel and suspenders goes over well!!!
Anonymous said…
Bask in the moment! So glad that you enjoyed your school time. Gotta love those students, they have a way of worming their way into your heart don't they?

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom