Two for the price of one


On his trip to Hawaii, my #2 son bought a ukulele. It is very portable. It came with a hard case and some quick lessons from the vendor on how to play. Since returning, he has spent a lot of time on the internet, downloading songs. He watches tutorials on how to play the ukulele. He practices long into the night. He takes it to school and practices during the hours he waits for me to pick him up. He has definitely got his money's worth.

Tonight I was helping him with an English project. He had to write a 'concrete poem'. We decided to write about the ukulele. This is the poem (before he makes it into a concrete one).

The Ukulele

I play the ukulele,

It means ‘the jumping flea’

I practice morning, noon, and night

I play it masterfully.

I play in four-part harmony,

My fingers flying true.

The ukulele is unique

And played by very few.

It’s compact, and so portable,

I take it everywhere.

If I practice well, then one day soon,

I’ll be a millionaire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom