Making Friends and Influencing People
In the middle of the week, we received a phone call from our long suffering neighbours. It seems one of our sheep had wandered over for a visit to their place along with her lamb. In the process they had fallen into the neighbour's manure pit. The neighbour had managed to pluck them out of the pit, and wondered if we wanted to come and pick them up sometime.
If you need proof that sheep are not the brightest light on the block, this is it.
We went over to collect them. The three dogs greeted us with loud barking. I stayed as far away as I could, while still looking supportive.
My husband took the grain bag and shook it for all it was worth.

The sheep and the lamb came running. Bleating loudly. "Give me thaaaaat graaaaiinn." Actually they didn't really run. They meandered. Every patch of grass was more interesting than the grain. My son and I were given the job of keeping them off the lawn. No use making the neighbours suffer more than necessary.

We think we'll call her Brownie. And the lamb has been christened Coacoa.

I would have got a picture of them running up the road, but I was too busy trying to make sure I did my part not to let them go into the other yards along the way. Oh yeah, and waving at the other neigbours who were driving by laughing at the sight of the three of us and the poopy sheep taking a mid-week jaunt through the neigbourhood.
The rest of the evening was spent adding more wire to the electric fence to make sure that history won't repeat itself.
If you need proof that sheep are not the brightest light on the block, this is it.
We went over to collect them. The three dogs greeted us with loud barking. I stayed as far away as I could, while still looking supportive.
My husband took the grain bag and shook it for all it was worth.
The sheep and the lamb came running. Bleating loudly. "Give me thaaaaat graaaaiinn." Actually they didn't really run. They meandered. Every patch of grass was more interesting than the grain. My son and I were given the job of keeping them off the lawn. No use making the neighbours suffer more than necessary.
We think we'll call her Brownie. And the lamb has been christened Coacoa.
I would have got a picture of them running up the road, but I was too busy trying to make sure I did my part not to let them go into the other yards along the way. Oh yeah, and waving at the other neigbours who were driving by laughing at the sight of the three of us and the poopy sheep taking a mid-week jaunt through the neigbourhood.
The rest of the evening was spent adding more wire to the electric fence to make sure that history won't repeat itself.
Comments
Luv U
D-0