It only hurts when I renovate

About a week ago, we were at The Pokeaway. My job was to sweep up and tidy the corners. There's so much dust and dirt and dry wall kibbly bits and sawdust, and nails. I fashioned a corner-getter from a rogue bit of wood and got as much as I could. I was being very careful to avoid the nails. On one of my trips back from the dumpster, I found one sticking out of the concrete. Unfortunately, I didn't see it before I stepped on it. It went through my shoe, into my foot. Man that hurt! I ignored it as best as I could, but by the evening, I was hobbling around. I fought off the infection by soaking it in epsom salts and putting Aloe Vera gel on it.
Two days later, I was able to wear shoes again. However, all week, it felt like a combination of a giant bruise and walking on a frozen pea.

Yesterday my foot didn't hurt as bad.

Perhaps that's because when my husband was taking down the board I was holding, which were held the French Doors in place while the silicone set and the shims put in, the board fell on my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom