He IS Risen!
In choosing the program for Easter at my #1 job, I did some sleuthing on various songs I could use. I ran across this song which is a version of "Londonderry Aire" and was struck by the message in it. I decided to share it with you cyber readers as a way to celebrate the message of Resurrection Sunday. I also found a beautiful version of it played by a brass ensemble, so if you would like to read and hum along, you can. I tried to embed it into this post, but it won't let me, so you can copy and paste the address into another tab if you would like to listen and follow the lyrics.
http://www.cimarronmusic.com/audio/CM211.mp3
I Cannot Tell (William Fullerton)
I cannot tell how silently He suffered,
As with His peace He graced this place of tears,
Or how His heart upon the Cross was broken,
The crown of pain to three and thirty years.
But this I know, He heals the brokenhearted,
And stays our sin, and calms our lurking fear,
And lifts the burden from the heavy laden,
For yet the Savior, Savior of the world, is here.
But this I know, He heals the brokenhearted,
And stays our sin, and calms our lurking fear,
And lifts the burden from the heavy laden,
For yet the Savior, Savior of the world, is here.
http://www.cimarronmusic.com/audio/CM211.mp3
I Cannot Tell (William Fullerton)
I cannot tell how silently He suffered,
As with His peace He graced this place of tears,
Or how His heart upon the Cross was broken,
The crown of pain to three and thirty years.
But this I know, He heals the brokenhearted,
And stays our sin, and calms our lurking fear,
And lifts the burden from the heavy laden,
For yet the Savior, Savior of the world, is here.
But this I know, He heals the brokenhearted,
And stays our sin, and calms our lurking fear,
And lifts the burden from the heavy laden,
For yet the Savior, Savior of the world, is here.
Comments
D-0
Not only the words.
But also the music.
Love and tears
clwl