Decisions, Decisions.
Although I haven't said much about it, this is a year of milestones. In nine weeks, my #1 son graduates from high school. Two years ago, we were being initiated into the ranks of 'parents of a graduate' by my daughter.
How different this milestone has been. My daughter had definite ideas about what she would wear, and what extra outfit she had to take to the photography session, and how she would wear her hair. My son? When I asked him what he wanted to wear to his graduation, his answer was immediate. "A rain barrel and suspenders". I took him half seriously. If anyone could pull it off, it would be him.
These decisions will come soon enough. There's only seven weeks to get ready. Knowing him, we'll be out shopping a few days before to make sure he is outfitted properly.
Guys don't have the same options as girls though, so it shouldn't take as many trips. Maybe we'll make it a one-stop-shop and then head out for a slushie.
How different this milestone has been. My daughter had definite ideas about what she would wear, and what extra outfit she had to take to the photography session, and how she would wear her hair. My son? When I asked him what he wanted to wear to his graduation, his answer was immediate. "A rain barrel and suspenders". I took him half seriously. If anyone could pull it off, it would be him.
These decisions will come soon enough. There's only seven weeks to get ready. Knowing him, we'll be out shopping a few days before to make sure he is outfitted properly.
Guys don't have the same options as girls though, so it shouldn't take as many trips. Maybe we'll make it a one-stop-shop and then head out for a slushie.
Comments
D-0
Didn't you get the message?
D-0