My daughter is babysitting me. Her brothers and her dad have flown the coop and they made arrangements for her to come and look after me. I am trying to be on my best behavior so they will get a good report when they return.

So far, we have watched three movies, checked the mail, paid some bills, fed the sheep,took back the pop bottles (so we could buy more movies) and made our own pizza. And we stopped for an ice cream cone on the way back from the "Women's Show", where we used our coupons to get in at a discount.

I remember when I was about five, there was a weekend when everyone else in my family had some sort of trip they were going on and it was just up to me to take care of my mom. I made arrangements to sleep in her bed so she wouldn't get lonely. And in the morning, she and I had eggs on toast - sunny side up.

There's something about being together as mom and daughter that is special. You don't look up from the movie to pass the kleenex to the other person. You can stay in your jammies with a face mask on and not have to explain your new look. You can change your mind suddenly when you are driving and decide to check out the store you've always wanted to look in without having to go into a big explanation about why you are doing something that is not on your list.

I'm so glad I decided to have a daughter. And I'm so glad she agreed to take care of me while the boys are gone.

Comments

Anonymous said…
<3 I love spending time with my mom too!
austinclan said…
sounds like your daughter is a wonderful babysitter! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom