"Hey La, Hey La, My Boyfriend's Back"

I have to say, it's nice to have them home.

Although, it is a little more noisy, and a little more messy.

However, it's all worth it. Now, we have the soft sound of the ukulele to accompany dinner, breakfast, t.v. watching, computer typing. My #2 son used his spending money to buy himself a ukulele complete with a case. He has already learned to play a few chords and is working on the strumming. It is a cute little thing. It's more portable than the guitar. And it's quieter than some other instruments, so the lady below us doesn't have to thump on the ceiling with her broom.

Other goodies they brought back were jewelry, a wind catcher, t-shirts and a 'crown' my husband earned playing the drums with the Polynesian drummer.


Oh and a lot of laundry.


They have a lot of pictures.


Even though I didn't go,
I can enjoy the trip vicariously.

I have a little idea of what they experienced.

This is one of my favorites.


Yep. It's good to be family again.

They arrived home on the 15th which happened to be my #2 son's golden birthday (15 on the 15th). We celebrated with pizza and an ice cream cake.

It seems surreal that so many years have passed already. He is almost taller than I am, and his voice is so much like his brother's, I can no longer tell them apart on the phone.

Now, it is time to start deciding what to do for excitement. It is now the middle of March. Essentially there's only a few months left of school and that means more life changes and plans and preparations. For now though, I'm going to start by loading the washing machine.

Comments

Sandi Harris said…
Indeed, you are a prolific writer...just like your mom was and just like Carol(Treatie) is!!! It's very real,often most witty and downright FUNNY and many truths woven among the jesting. By the way..I am still trying to convince my hubby to pull off 5ooo shingles off our newly shingled house roof just so I can combine the prescribed combination aerobics,crunches,weight & body building exercises just to Get in shape!! Any suggestion as to how one Then should STAY in shape?? Good luck with all your continued renovations..fresh thot for your Blog!!xoxox

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom