10-4; What's your handle?

As they say in the outhouse, 'things have been piling up'. I have been in an increasing state of "I- must- remembers" and "Oh -man,- I -forgots". So yesterday, I got out my little black book and started writing. I wrote down everything I could think of, which needed to be done, everything I was panicking about, and everything which needed an answer, even though I couldn't find one. I thought listing it out might help me clarify some of the uneasiness I've been experiencing over the things that I need to get done, the things I wish I could control, and any upcoming additions I would have to slot into my schedule.

Amazingly, it helped me to find some calm. Every time I thought of something, I wrote it down. By the end of the day, the page was full. And I was even able to cross a few things off the list. This made me feel like I'd accomplished something. And having the others written down, allowed me a bit more confidence that I would be able to handle what was coming down the tubes. Seeing it in hard copy let me see the difference beteween what I could control and what I couldn't.

I might have to keep that book handy in the near future. In celebration, I'm going to have a glass of milk and fresh-made cinnamon buns. Good for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom