Capturing the Moment
This picture was taken on one of our last days at the farm. I want you to appreciate the sacrifice I made in getting it, because I walked out onto the pavement in my bare feet, all the way out past the barn, to get it.
We truly live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. I never imagined that most of my adult life would take place in this province - but I am so glad.
Every day, the scenery changes. Some are subtle - such as the way the clouds form around the mountains. Some are knockouts - like the snow line coming down over the hills as if a giant hand has sifted icing sugar over them.
Our new place has its own beauty. The clouds perform a new dance every day. The fields showcase swans when the water collects in great pools from the abundant rain. The hills around glow at night with lights from new housing developments.
I look forward to capturing the beauty I will enjoy there. I may even venture out in my bare feet to do so.
Comments
the subtleties of fog obscuring and revealing
the etched tree branches against the horizon&sky
the giant triangle formed by the fenceline&thetreesbeyondit
the comforting anchor of the giant roundness of the foreground tree
Yes, do go barefoot more often!!