Reflections on slab of bread
I managed to make it to the end of this year. Good for me.
Better yet, I have managed to make it through another decade. Double good for me.
I was wondering what I could write about to mark the end of the year, and the end of the decade. So I went back and looked at different posts I have written over this past year. Surely there would be some inspiration there. Some brilliance. Some wisdom and insight to light my literary fire.
Nope.
The posts are a little bit of everything, and mostly about nothing. Somehow, I have managed to write a blog for a whole year about very ordinary things. I haven't won any Pulitzer Prizes. I haven't been nominated for "Woman of the Year". I've simply done a lot of the same things every day, and written about them. And stranger still, I have found it entertaining to describe life as it occurs.
What's even more amazing is that there are a few faithful people out there who read these little bits of nothing. I imagine it's a little like reading graffiti on the bathroom door in a public place. Gives you something to do, while you sit.
Anyway, thank you cyber readers for reading. Happy New Year (Decade) And guess what? There's more where that came from. A new decade is upon us. There'll be a whole lot more of nothing right here. Don't touch that dial.
Better yet, I have managed to make it through another decade. Double good for me.
I was wondering what I could write about to mark the end of the year, and the end of the decade. So I went back and looked at different posts I have written over this past year. Surely there would be some inspiration there. Some brilliance. Some wisdom and insight to light my literary fire.
Nope.
The posts are a little bit of everything, and mostly about nothing. Somehow, I have managed to write a blog for a whole year about very ordinary things. I haven't won any Pulitzer Prizes. I haven't been nominated for "Woman of the Year". I've simply done a lot of the same things every day, and written about them. And stranger still, I have found it entertaining to describe life as it occurs.
What's even more amazing is that there are a few faithful people out there who read these little bits of nothing. I imagine it's a little like reading graffiti on the bathroom door in a public place. Gives you something to do, while you sit.
Anyway, thank you cyber readers for reading. Happy New Year (Decade) And guess what? There's more where that came from. A new decade is upon us. There'll be a whole lot more of nothing right here. Don't touch that dial.
Comments
As I speed read through that sentence, my mind registered "And stranger still, I have found it entertaining to describe life in all its colours".
I was cleaning cupboards today ... a necessary, and very "bits of nothing" activity. Rather like life, I guess.... But thanks for the sparkle you bring to the often-very-ordinary tasks of life. Last night, the bright bright moon was out, and NO KIDDING, there were little bits of "holographic type glistenings" on top of the snow if you looked out the window at just such an angle. It was a "WOW" moment...I went to the window a second time, just to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing...
Happy New Year, and Happy New Decade...
I was cheering for you as I read about you finding your keys, and the microwave glass, and the pot lid....Those kinds of things ARE a gift, all of a different kind, and they lift our spirits...
xoxox
NRF
have been enjoying your blogs for the past while and eventhough i don't post that i've been reading them , i have. so carry on speaking your inner thoughts. wish i had the guts to do that. have a great new year . afh