Random New Year's Thoughts


  • A New Year is staring us down - a New Decade is on it's way. Does that seem ominous? I didn't even think about it until a couple of weeks ago, when the radio announcer mentioned the "hits of the decade" contest. What? I've gone through another decade? Remember 2000? We all worried about our computers. Now we are worried about bluetooth technology.
  • “Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. ―Hal Borland
  • Ten years ago, I had a 9 year old, a 8 year old, and a 5 year old - Grade 5, Grade 3, and Kindergarten. Now I have a post-high school aged child, a soon-to-be high school graduate, and a high school freshman. Weird huh?
  • "Time (as my dad used to say) waits for no man, and very few women."
  • This past year, I worked with a woman who turned 100. Her comment? "It takes a very long time to get this old."

  • A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other. ~Author Unknown."
  • My new year's goal is to practice random acts of kindness. I'm looking forward to it. Much better than trying to lose weight.
  • People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown
Happy New Year. See you next decade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom