Let the Games Begin

Much as I loved packing away all my stuff away, [with no estimated time of reopening them], I have to say that it got a little tedious. And it was even more 'fun' trying to figure out what to do with all the linens. Blankets, towels, place mats, tablecloths; all were crying out for a place amongst the plates, cutlery, computer gear (why in the world do we need 7 power bars?).

I left them until the end. At first I thought I would use them for stuffing. But some of the blankets were much too big for the Rubbermaid boxes, let alone getting them to fit around the crystal.

Then I had a brilliant idea. I had seen these vacuum sealed bags advertised, and thought they were worth a try. The idea is to stuff as many things in the bags and then suck the life out of the bag with a vacuum hose. It was truly SO much fun to see this:



go to this:




Then we figured out that if we put more pressure on the bag by stepping on it, or sitting on it as the air was being sucked out of it, that they could become even flatter. Even MORE fun! The proof of the pudding will be opening up the bags again and seeing how much the linens have changed in shape.



Granted, it didn't look like the picture which had the bags all flat and aligned neatly with the gear in full view. But still, in the midst of all the chaos, it was a moment to enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom