Hair Conditioner, Lids and Keys

I lost my set of work keys several weeks ago. I asked everyone if they knew where the keys were - co-workers, office staff, family, friends. It happened on a day when I had many things going on. I was running my groups. I made many trips to my office, down to the lounge, to the printer, and the photocopier and back. I remembered seeing them one place, and after that had no recollection of having them in my hand. I was distraught about it, because I knew that for security issues, losing my keys might have far reaching implications. I prayed about it. "Oh Lord, help me find my keys".

The keys did not show up. I cleaned out drawers. I rooted through closets and containers. I went through my purse and briefcase. I turned everything inside out and upside down. To no avail. The keys were missing. Sighhhhh.

It was embarrassing asking others to borrow their keys all the time. But I really had no option.
Eventually I decided I would have to confess to my boss, and start the process for whatever had to be done. She didn't comment, other than to ask if I had put them in some box in our moving adventures. Heavy sigh.....

It may be because I have had a lot of things on my mind. I'm doing lots of 'what in the world' and 'where in the world' - type things. Last week, I bought some salon-quality shampoo, which I discovered was actually conditioner when I got it home and washed my hair with it. I didn't need conditioner, so I decided to take it back. I looked for the receipt in my wallet. It wasn't there. Then I looked in the pocket of my purse. I saw it there, and as I reached for it, I felt a curly-cue lanyard. MY KEYS!!! Praise God! I almost burst into tears with thankfulness for this little Christmas present that cost nothing. .

Others in the parking lot of the mall looked at me a little strange as I danced up to the door to exchange my conditioner.

A happy ending. What could be better?

Well, this morning, as I was rooting around for a little something more to put in the Christmas stocking, I saw something with a black ridge. I reached into the drawer and pulled out the microwave tray, which has been missing since our move. More Christmas joy! Now, I can cook the bacon on the bacon tray which has been a substitute microwave tray for the last month.

And later on in the day, when I got down the roaster for my mother-in-law, I found the lid to a storage container for which I had been substituting Saran Wrap. Some presents don't cost anything - and cause just as much delight as the more expensive options.
A Merry Christmas indeed!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom