Sing, Sing A Song..
Every year, it is my pleasure to coordinate some Christmas songs for our staff choir to sing. We have tried all sorts of combinations - well known songs, little known songs, songs we have danced to, songs we have done sign language for...
This year, one of my co-workers asked if I knew this song. She brought in the words for me, and then I Googled it to see if I could find the music. There are lots of different versions of it. I like this one, because it told a story of why Clay Aiken chose to sing it. ( In case you don't know, he is the runner up of Season Two of American Idol)
"Oh Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" has turned out to be my favorite staff choir song of this season. Somewhere deep inside of me, a Southern Gospel musician is waiting to get out. Wednesday will be the last time we sing it, and I am a little sorry not to have any more opportunities to share it.
I will share it with you in this version. Hope you enjoy it. Especially the story he tells before he sings.
This year, one of my co-workers asked if I knew this song. She brought in the words for me, and then I Googled it to see if I could find the music. There are lots of different versions of it. I like this one, because it told a story of why Clay Aiken chose to sing it. ( In case you don't know, he is the runner up of Season Two of American Idol)
"Oh Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" has turned out to be my favorite staff choir song of this season. Somewhere deep inside of me, a Southern Gospel musician is waiting to get out. Wednesday will be the last time we sing it, and I am a little sorry not to have any more opportunities to share it.
I will share it with you in this version. Hope you enjoy it. Especially the story he tells before he sings.
Comments
thanks for all the thoughts you share here. Certainly you've looked at Christmas differently this year, and that has ended up "being a good thing"....the letting go sometimes has pain, but then brings unexpected joys that surprise us....that's also somewhat my own story this year. There's a long line from B.C. to M.I.
xoxo always