Quick Picks
Today, studio audience, I am going to show you how to save time, save face, and stretch your dollars on dinner.
I like this product. It fits my criteria for a meal I can serve in a hurry. It is delicious and quick and easy to prepare. The ingredients are good - it has protein, carbs and veggies, - and the sauce is really yummy. I found it earlier in the year, when my family was away more than they were at home. Served for two, it goes a long way. Served to voracious consumers of food (kids ), it doesn't go very far at all. And to buy two or more packages to serve the family is cost-prohibitive. So I haven't served it since the summer.
Still, last night, as I was coming home - knowing I was the last to arrive there - and knowing I only had only half an hour from the time I arrived until I had to be out the door again, the ease of preparation appealed to me.... I knew two things: Time was of the essence and every one was hungry. I rose to the challenge.
I took out two frozen chicken breasts from the freezer. I thawed them out. Then I put some oil into the fry pan and cooked them up. Meantime, I took the regular amount of fetuccine I would usually make, from my own stash and cooked it up. I opened the package, and put it into the microwave and cooked it according to the directions (done in 8 minutes). Then I mixed in the chicken I had cooked, and my own fettuccine and voila! Dinner in 12 minutes.
We were able to sit down as a family, and have a meal together. Great pronouncements of how delicious dinner was, were a delight to my weary body. I managed to find a way to stretch the food dollar, and my time to provide a 'homemade' meal for everyone. We'll be right back, after these commercial messages.
I like this product. It fits my criteria for a meal I can serve in a hurry. It is delicious and quick and easy to prepare. The ingredients are good - it has protein, carbs and veggies, - and the sauce is really yummy. I found it earlier in the year, when my family was away more than they were at home. Served for two, it goes a long way. Served to voracious consumers of food (kids ), it doesn't go very far at all. And to buy two or more packages to serve the family is cost-prohibitive. So I haven't served it since the summer.Still, last night, as I was coming home - knowing I was the last to arrive there - and knowing I only had only half an hour from the time I arrived until I had to be out the door again, the ease of preparation appealed to me.... I knew two things: Time was of the essence and every one was hungry. I rose to the challenge.
I took out two frozen chicken breasts from the freezer. I thawed them out. Then I put some oil into the fry pan and cooked them up. Meantime, I took the regular amount of fetuccine I would usually make, from my own stash and cooked it up. I opened the package, and put it into the microwave and cooked it according to the directions (done in 8 minutes). Then I mixed in the chicken I had cooked, and my own fettuccine and voila! Dinner in 12 minutes.
We were able to sit down as a family, and have a meal together. Great pronouncements of how delicious dinner was, were a delight to my weary body. I managed to find a way to stretch the food dollar, and my time to provide a 'homemade' meal for everyone. We'll be right back, after these commercial messages.
Comments