Yesterday it rained. And rained. And rained. Later on, just for fun, a thunderstorm was thrown in. I was about to complain about the rain, when I looked out the bedroom window and saw this.
That's a raindrop on the window, in case you are wondering. I stopped to enjoy the brilliance of the tree, just doing what it does in the fall. Does anyone look at it? Does anyone savour it's magnificence? I imagine it probably goes unnoticed more than it's beauty is pointed out.
Mindful of the lesson, I went to the other window - the one in the bathroom - to observe this:

More beauty. This time, the reds of the tree, and the pump house contrasted with the tree farther out in the field, which was offset by the changing colours in the blueberry field. I looked for a long time after I took the picture. The rain had dulled the sky, making the colors of the trees and the fields pop (as they say in all those decorating shows).
Standing there looking at all that beauty, made me think of my growing years in Ontario. There, the brilliance of the fall colours is second to none. Of course, the season starts earlier than here, but the wise tourist will take advantage of the view, no matter how early in the season they visit.
That's a raindrop on the window, in case you are wondering. I stopped to enjoy the brilliance of the tree, just doing what it does in the fall. Does anyone look at it? Does anyone savour it's magnificence? I imagine it probably goes unnoticed more than it's beauty is pointed out.
Mindful of the lesson, I went to the other window - the one in the bathroom - to observe this:
More beauty. This time, the reds of the tree, and the pump house contrasted with the tree farther out in the field, which was offset by the changing colours in the blueberry field. I looked for a long time after I took the picture. The rain had dulled the sky, making the colors of the trees and the fields pop (as they say in all those decorating shows).
Standing there looking at all that beauty, made me think of my growing years in Ontario. There, the brilliance of the fall colours is second to none. Of course, the season starts earlier than here, but the wise tourist will take advantage of the view, no matter how early in the season they visit.
Comments
Rose