Seven Days of Thanks

Day Two:
All about work....
I am thankful for the job that I have held for seventeen years. I am continually challenged by the clients and my co-workers in every way - from the 'Healthy Living Challenge' given to us by the Rehabilitation Department, to the challenge of being organized, yet flexible in order to have effective programs. I am grateful for the long-term relationships I have formed with my work companions. I truly could hardly stand the thought of having to give it all up for something else.

In my new job, I am thankful for a co-worker who encouraged me today with these words :
"They are not going to fail to graduate because you don't know what you are doing for a month". I started in September and am working hard at finding my way, but each day shows me more of what I don't know. My co-worker has come along side of me many times in the last month, with words like "Ask away", and "Sure, I can help you figure that out". Sometimes, those words are repeated several times during the day. I am thankful for the other staff members who encourage each other to excellence, while acknowledging that we all feel our humanity.

I am also thankful for the way my jobs have dovetailed into each other so that I can juggle my schedule - taking on new, as well as not having to give up the old. I am also thankful that I have the health and strength for my job(s). And I am thankful for the safety I have experienced in traveling to and from work - and for the beautiful scenery that kaleidoscopes it's way through the seasons.

Comments

clwl said…
what a great idea, Marn
we are celebrating our own double thanksgiving today. I even incorporated it into a banking transfer I just did. ---don't you like LITTLE jokes ;-)

c

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom