Seven Days Of Thanks

Day One:
Thanksgiving is around the corner. I was thinking how much I enjoyed posting last year's lists of thankfulness, so thought I'd do it again. I'll try not to repeat myself - so that you won't have a case of deja-vu.
Today, I am looking back to what I was thinking just a year ago about the direction that we would take as a family. I could not have anticipated the adventure that we are about to take. The housing market had been rising, and the interest rates were high. We were restless but had no clear direction as to what we should be doing. Many conversations took place about possibilities. We batted around so many, I lost track of which ones were serious and which ones were purely fantastical.
Then the way opened up for us to buy the "Pokeaway". (You pokeaway at this, and you pokeaway at that). And now, just as Thanksgiving rolls around, I am thanking God for the opportunity to have a place where the wind whispers through the willows, where the horses clip-clop down the street and where the neighbours who had the garage sale, upon finding out we are the ones who have bought 'the rental', gave us a cover for the chain saw for free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom