Warm Spots and Cold Spots and a Shoulder to Cry on
On the lake at my Dad's cottage, there are warm spots. Swimming in them is a lovely break from trying to adjust to the chilly temperature of the rest of the lake. However, the warm spots are small in comparison to the rest of the lake. And if you want to swim over to explore the little island across the way, you cannot stay in them forever. You must be brave and get through the shock of going back into the bracing temperature of the other parts of the lake.
There are warm spots moments in life too - when things go so well, and it seems nothing can ever go wrong again. When I find myself in a warm spot I try to fool myself into believing that I will never have to leave. I try to forget there are times coming, when I will be chilled to the bone by the events of life. I'd rather stay in THAT spot for a little longer because it feels sooo good. The reality of course, is that the adventures of life demand that I move on and explore what life has next - whether that be a cold spot or another warm spot.
Comments