So many new things have crowded my mind this week. It has left me having some pretty crazy conversations inside my head. Here they are in no particular order, because I am too overwhelmed to categorize them.
"Man, there's a lot of paper used in the pursuit of knowledge. I can't possibly read all that stuff and retain it." "Every sector of learning has so much to know. I can't possibly be expected to figure it all out." "Wow. Look at that. Another load of paper stapled together - this one is highlighted with the key points that I am to learn and execute. That's not going to happen anytime soon." "By the time I learn this job, it will be over." "You know what I'd like about now? A cup of tea and a chance to do what something familiar. Something I know how to do, because I have been doing it for so long, that now I'm just tweaking it to suit the occasion.""I'm never going to be able to figure this out." "Stop the train, I want off."

My only comfort is having many years experience in feeling the same way when I am madly off in every direction. I know enough now, that these feelings are temporary - as long as I continue muscling through the masses of information that I have to take in, so that I can learn all these new skills. As my Dad would say: "The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time".

Comments

clwl said…
so like life!! you just get the piles cleaned up and more are there behind you...

as I vacuumed YET AGAIN this a.m., that's what I thought...."Where did this all come from".... and "About now a cup of coffee would be just great to give me a little boost", and "there's gotta be more to life than cleaning up and sorting out...".... hmmmmm! Maybe those who've gone before JUST DID IT, and didn't complain???

Wish I knew.

Thanks for the peek into your thinking, and for the insights of taking it a bite at a time...

xox

C
Joy said…
I think I remember your dad saying that....one bite at a time! That is what I tried to pass on to my children, but have a hard time remembering myself sometimes!

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom