The Camping Trip
They went camping.
The boys.
Just the boys.
Vague invitations were issued,....But I read the signs, and decided to give them the freedom to be boys, without mom peering over their shoulder worrying about how close they were to the fire, or mentioning in just a bit of a panicky voice that the edge of the cliff was just a half step away. I did help them get their gear together. (Make that the food).
They packed the rest of it in the truck and the trailer and off they went. They waved goodbye and tried to make it seem like I would be missed. However, once they were on the road, I knew there was nothing stopping them from 'wahooing' and 'high-fiving' their opportunity to get a
taste of the open country they love.
I waved too, and then went inside and 'wahooed' and 'high fived' myself,
and began a 'Mom's Weekend Off'.
I made a pretence of going to town to do 'errands'.
Once there, I wandered over to
and used my gift card to enjoy a cold drink. By good fortune, I saw a hair salon,
and used some of my birthday money to
treat myself to a re-do.
Apparently, the dog thought she had to play night guard. She went on her rounds periodically, licking their faces, to see if they were still asleep, or if they were ready to get up and play.
Meanwhile I was curled up, catching
on my king-sized bed.
When they returned, I greeted them and said that
I had missed them terribly. They said they missed me too.
We all knew what that meant.
on my king-sized bed.
When they returned, I greeted them and said that
I had missed them terribly. They said they missed me too.
We all knew what that meant.

Comments