Holidays

"The rainy days a man saves for usually seem to arrive during his vacation." ~Author Unknown

We were going to go to Hawaii.
But we bought the house.
The vacation choice has become this:
We are going to sit in the house and look at the driveway, and when we tire of that, we are going to sit in the driveway and look at the house.

"The alternative to a vacation is to stay home and tip every third person you see." ~Author Unknown

When I realized that we wouldn't be traveling, I decided to change up my holidays for the month. I am taking a day here and there, rather than all at once. I work part time, so it has been easy to get a block of time; not just drips and drops of holidays.


'A vacation trip is one-third pleasure, fondly remembered, and two-thirds aggravation, entirely forgotten."
~Robert Brault


Last week, I took Wednesday off. There was a holiday Monday attached to the week so that gave me all but Friday. This week, I took Wednesday off. Which means I have the middle of the week to enjoy. Next week, I am taking Monday off, and that will give me a long weekend. And the week after that, I am taking Friday off, which results in another long weekend - only at the end of the week instead of at the beginning. I feel so clever to have figured this out.

"No man needs a vacation so much as the person who has just had one." ~Elbert Hubbard

I am trying to keep a balance on the days. Not too much work, (organizing for the move, planning my next career opportunity) and not too much play (having lunch with friends, hanging out at the mall with my daughter). I am careful to sleep in some days, and get up early others, in order not to get too set on one way of functioning .

"There is probably no more obnoxious class of citizen, taken end for end, than the returning vacationist." ~Robert Benchley

I have to admit though, it is a very nice way to spend the month. Just enough work to keep me occupied, and just enough holidays to give me something to look forward to.

"My own prescription for health is less paperwork and more running barefoot through the grass." ~Leslie Grimuttter

Tomorrow, I am heading out with a dear friend of mine to one of my favorite places. We are going to explore the beach, and enjoy the little shops filled with all the things you never knew you needed. I'm going to bring a picnic lunch, beach chairs and my camera. That way I can take some of my own pictures and let you in on the fun. I'd better get my rest. It looks like another busy day of vacation ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom