Holidays #2
What a lovely day for a get-away.
We drove for an hour

and arrived here. It is on the ocean, but it looks like a big lake
because it is so sheltered.

There are kayaking lessons offered to young enthusiasts.
We watched them practice their techniques.

We looked at the houses overlooking the spectacular view
and decided which one(s) we would buy with our left-over millions.
We watched people walking on the dock (of the bay).
We watched the kids who were brave enough to go in the water.
Some of them dived right in and others walked in gingerly,
with their arms out as if they were ready to fly, if it got unbearably cold.
We listened to the birds, shooed away the wasps, and watched the otter swim.

All this, while enjoying a picnic lunch - BBQ chicken, grapes, peaches (from our tree), tomatoes, topped off with Reisens chocolate caramels.

Oh,
and a hot cup of tea, (in real mugs) compliments of the thermos
which keeps everything piping hot for hours.
After chatting for a few hours, we went up to the
little shops on the main drag and

looked at sale (and non-sale) items. The sale items were tempting, but really, what did we need with two- unmatched ceramic boots? The non-sale items caused our heart rates to increase - and we raised our eyebrows at each other as if to signal - "I'm ready to leave, because I can't see spending 20$ on a designer pocket mirror, or 130$ on a t-shirt."
When we finished looking at the gidgets and gadgets, we wandered into an ice cream shop and got our celebratory ice cream cones. Then we wandered back to the car,
looked at the view one more time for good measure and came home.
I felt like I'd been away for a week. It was so relaxing. The weather was perfect and the company was great. I was so glad that we carpe (d) the diem.
We drove for an hour
and arrived here. It is on the ocean, but it looks like a big lake
because it is so sheltered.
There are kayaking lessons offered to young enthusiasts.
We watched them practice their techniques.
We looked at the houses overlooking the spectacular view
and decided which one(s) we would buy with our left-over millions.
We watched people walking on the dock (of the bay).
We watched the kids who were brave enough to go in the water.
Some of them dived right in and others walked in gingerly,
with their arms out as if they were ready to fly, if it got unbearably cold.
We listened to the birds, shooed away the wasps, and watched the otter swim.
All this, while enjoying a picnic lunch - BBQ chicken, grapes, peaches (from our tree), tomatoes, topped off with Reisens chocolate caramels.
Oh,
and a hot cup of tea, (in real mugs) compliments of the thermos
which keeps everything piping hot for hours.
After chatting for a few hours, we went up to the
little shops on the main drag and
looked at sale (and non-sale) items. The sale items were tempting, but really, what did we need with two- unmatched ceramic boots? The non-sale items caused our heart rates to increase - and we raised our eyebrows at each other as if to signal - "I'm ready to leave, because I can't see spending 20$ on a designer pocket mirror, or 130$ on a t-shirt."
When we finished looking at the gidgets and gadgets, we wandered into an ice cream shop and got our celebratory ice cream cones. Then we wandered back to the car,
looked at the view one more time for good measure and came home.
I felt like I'd been away for a week. It was so relaxing. The weather was perfect and the company was great. I was so glad that we carpe (d) the diem.
Comments