Clarification

We didn't buy the head-basher house. We bought the first acreage we saw. I realize that sounds a little weird. "We just up and bought the first acreage we saw. " In actuality, it was a longer journey than that, but we came back to this place and decided we could make something of it.
Some of you have asked if there are pictures of it. Well, no. Actually, yes. However, my husband has them on his camera. He keeps his camera at work, so I have no visual documentation of it.
So I'm going to describe it to you so you can imagine how exciting this journey will be for us.

First, go around to the back of the house to start. Imagine a hallway. That's the entrance. There's a laundry room there too. Right now, it has laminate flooring which has been put right over linoleum. How do I know that? Well, the linoleum borders the laminate. Guess they ran out.

From there, we go to the kitchen. Stretch your arms. Finger tip to finger tip. That's about how big the kitchen is. It will be so convenient to put the dishes away without having to move my feet. There is no dishwasher. (Well, there'll be five dishwashers. Imagine the fun we'll have drawing straws each night to do up the dishes. I'm already plotting to make my the longest every night.)

Don't move though, because you'll want to see the dining room. It's in the same room as the kitchen. Don't trip over the chairs. And if you want to see the living room, you barely have to tip your chair back while you sit in the dining room to see what's going on in there.

You can look into the other room from the dining room as well. We're not sure what it will be yet. The possibilities are endless. Computer room? Music room? Family room? Bedroom? Storage room? One thing that will have to go is the bubblegum pink carpet with multiple unknown stains on it.

Don't miss the feature in the living room. It's a gas fireplace. The living room is where the front door is too. You might have missed it because you were distracted by the hedges at the front which are trimmed to look like horses. (They won't be there long).

If you want to use the facilities facility, go down the hallway off of the dining room. You have to walk in the door and shut it to be able to sit. You might be tempted to stay in there because of the soaker tub, but you'll have to leave the door unlocked, in case someone else wants to use the bathroom.

We are coming to an end of the tour. Two bedrooms at the end of the hallway. One with a 'walk-in' closet without a door. The other bedroom is small too. Not much room for anything but a bed and dresser.

It's very quiet here though. There's not much traffic. There's even a sign to watch for horses. (I don't think they are wild. .... no we are in the wrong part of the country for this one too......

It will be an interesting journey that's for sure. The next few months promise to be full of drywall dust and paint and paring down the many things we have collected along the way. The virtual garage sale continues! Anyone need end tables? Remote-control planes? Let me know!

Just in case you are interested, here's a video of a VERY small house and he makes it work!

Comments

Joy said…
I LOVE these tiny houses! I find myself longing for the simplicity of a small space, but then I start to feel a little claustrophic, and realize that it wouldn't take long before I'd be screaming for air. Can't wait to see what you make of your new place!
On This Rock said…
I am with you on your perspective of a desire for acreage and outdoor space vs need for inside space. They say we collect stuff to fill up the space we have...guess it could work it reverse as well. Congrats....
clwl said…
Perhaps you'll be catapulting Jay to fame, and he'll build you a house as a thank you....

Hey, a person can always dream!!

Our place is 669 sq' ft on one floor, and my underthekitchenstorage is unbelievably OC!! But, hey, I can stand in one spot and do tons of things too!

We're on 2 acres, which allows for lots of outside freedom, so I agree with On this Rock...

xoxox

C

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom