That's my reason, and I'm...stickin' to/it


On the reason why I don't take risks. I usually get hurt.

  • Like the time my friend and I decided to jump off the moving hay wagon and walk the rest of the way. I paid for that with a broken rib and a bruised ego.
  • Like the time I decided to conquer the water slides. As I went down the second one, I felt myself flying down out of control and put my arm out to slow my progress, which resulted in a muscle wrench so strong, I could hardly breathe for three weeks.
  • Like the time I decided to be a kid again and sail down the ramp while 'riding' the grocery cart. I ended up with a bruise in the middle of my stomach which exactly matched the shape of the coin drop in the cart.
  • Like the time I thought I'd be a smart Alec and take the car out of gear when my sister got out to talk to her husband. The car very nearly missed the tree.

I have now added the dangerous job of vacuuming to the list of 'risky business'. For the second straight year I have a broken toe [albeit a different one] from vacuuming the downstairs room. The first time, I kicked the bed stand. The other day, I tripped over the vacuum, trying to get by it. I have promised myself, that is the last time I will EVER vacuum that room.

Oh, and did I mention, that I will never again try and give a goodbye-I'll-miss-you-terribly-hug to a fellow worker who is holding a coffee mug? Much too risky. You know what will happen, don't you? Yes, that's correct.

Comments

you.know.who said…
It's always such a comfort to read of your antics...I broke a tendon trying to push a 300 lb. tractor up a hilldontaskmewhy

And I sent my glasses flying and bruised my nose so bad I thought it possibly cracked, if not broken, when I gallantly flipped the picnictable in a streak of IandothisevenifI'm"justawoman"bravado so Bruce could cut the grass under it, and my foot caught in the "now upsidedown bench plank", and I went flying a-over-k

My this week's thing is I was playing a nice laid back jazz CD in the radio of the car, which was parked in the open garage where my gardening tools were. The "Battery saver is now in action" message showed on the screen...the battery died. The computer system of the car will not respond to the big diagnostic computer, and I've been without wheels for a week.

Ah well.

That's why I laugh at you laughing at you. It does my heart HEAPS of good. Thank you thank you thank you.

Love having you as my sister. Life is, as Dad says, NEVER DULL....

xoxox always

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom