Picture This
Just for fun, I'm posting random thoughts on this fine Sunday morning. I love the fact I have the freedom to sit down process a few pictures to share with you. There's something very 'weekend-ish' about this. So here we go!
It's always good to have a back up plan.

I took this picture of the outhouse at the museum. My husband and I enjoyed an impromptu date, going through the local museum,a few afternoons ago, . The last time I'd visited was over twenty years ago, when I applied for a summer job there. We had a great time going through the 'old' house.
I must admit, it felt a little weird that many of the artifacts were exactly the same as things I had seen growing up. For instance, they had a silver mirror and brush that could have been the one that my grandma had on her dresser. In the housekeepers room, there was a treadle sewing machine like the one that my mom used at the cottage. The young guide tried to impress us with "guess what this is" - and it made me feel a little old when I had a working knowledge of many of the items! "Yep, I know what a gramophone is young man..."
- I found this picture in one of my son's picture files.
It invites the viewer to explore the path and find out what is around the corner. For me this picture represents adventure of life. You never know what is around the corner, but you are aware of taking in the journey, while not missing the beauty as you travel. - And now, for something completely different....
It's always good to have a back up plan.
I took this picture of the outhouse at the museum. My husband and I enjoyed an impromptu date, going through the local museum,a few afternoons ago, . The last time I'd visited was over twenty years ago, when I applied for a summer job there. We had a great time going through the 'old' house.
I must admit, it felt a little weird that many of the artifacts were exactly the same as things I had seen growing up. For instance, they had a silver mirror and brush that could have been the one that my grandma had on her dresser. In the housekeepers room, there was a treadle sewing machine like the one that my mom used at the cottage. The young guide tried to impress us with "guess what this is" - and it made me feel a little old when I had a working knowledge of many of the items! "Yep, I know what a gramophone is young man..."
- Can you guess? I opened the freezer and got the container out. This is what I found.
There's a little unwritten contest in our house to carve food out to make it look like none has been used.
My husband started the tradition, and apparently, everyone else has joined in the fun. I guess their mission was to dig the ice cream down to the bottom without messing up the sides.
- I've enjoyed watching the kittens. They hide on each other and pounce, not know that the other one is hiding on them and ready to pounce as well. Cute as they are, we are not keeping them. The pet store said they would take them this week.

Comments