My Boys
This has been a week of celebration in our house. All week, we have been vicariously involved in end-of-year events. The swimming parties. The BBQ's. The movies. The report cards. The awards ceremonies.
I cannot begin to describe the immense feeling of pride I have had, seeing my boys recognized for their hard work and determination. They have both taken initiative to do their very best. The awards are both concrete and written. Both have been chosen for awards from their schools - fine arts, athletics, top marks for a class, citizenship, service, and participation in 5 or more activities at school.
As a mom, I see them investing themselves in their scholastic experience and I just about burst my buttons when I see them being honored for their efforts. What means the most is the comments on the character that they are building into their lives.
I ran across the letter from a middle school, thanking my #1 son for his work at the breakfast club. In it, the principal praised him for interacting with the middle school kids in such a positive manner. I was privy to the reference letter given my #2 son by a teacher, who commented she had no doubt he would be able to step up and take charge when necessary.
These are qualities which my boys are developing in their own lives. They are choosing well. I am humbled and inspired by them.
I cannot begin to describe the immense feeling of pride I have had, seeing my boys recognized for their hard work and determination. They have both taken initiative to do their very best. The awards are both concrete and written. Both have been chosen for awards from their schools - fine arts, athletics, top marks for a class, citizenship, service, and participation in 5 or more activities at school.
As a mom, I see them investing themselves in their scholastic experience and I just about burst my buttons when I see them being honored for their efforts. What means the most is the comments on the character that they are building into their lives.
I ran across the letter from a middle school, thanking my #1 son for his work at the breakfast club. In it, the principal praised him for interacting with the middle school kids in such a positive manner. I was privy to the reference letter given my #2 son by a teacher, who commented she had no doubt he would be able to step up and take charge when necessary.
These are qualities which my boys are developing in their own lives. They are choosing well. I am humbled and inspired by them.
Comments
you've all done well!!
Wish I could have been there, at least, to pick up all the buttons!!
xoxox
A.C.