What I did on my vacation
Last week we hosted a rock band. Talk about new and interesting experiences!I had never heard of the band before.
But when I asked my husband billeting them, my #1 son spoke up and said "That would be soooo cool". Then he proceeded to make plans to invite his friends over to see the band, and charge them 20$ a piece to do so.
My husband wondered if they would bring their work boots with them, so that they could help out around the farm while they were here.
I thought they could play at the garage sale I was planning to have. I started composing a song for them -"You Can Buy My Clutter for A Buck...(or Two), Baby".
As it turned out, their concert went late, so they didn't arrive at our house until six hours after they said they'd come. Once they dropped off their stuff, they left to unwind at a local pizzeria. They returned at half past an ungodly hour.
When they got up later in the morning, all they had time for was to have a pancake breakfast before they had to leave.
All our plans to take advantage of this new experience went down the drain. Except that, after they made their exit, my #2 son found a shirt one of them had left behind. He's going to put it on EBay and see how much he can get for it.
We may have been entertaining 'angels unawares' but a few bucks out the deal can't be all bad!
Comments