The Things You Do For Love
"I know," he said, "I'll not only copy out the fancy dessert recipe in French, I'll make it and then everyone in the class can have some.". This would have been a great idea, if we'd started a little early. But there we were in the middle of the grocery store at nine o'clock at night, trying to find all kinds of ingredients I never keep in my cupboard, and stocking up on other items that I'd run out of.
The puff pastry was supposed to thaw for two hours. We didn't have two hours. I was fading. We fast tracked it in the microwave. (If you try this at home, kids, take it out after 1 minute or you'll have puff pastry soup.) Good job we had more than one cookie sheet because the instructions were to put one sheet over top of the other. Luckily, I already had the parchment
paper handy.
Around 11:00 p.m. we were folding the custard
into the whipping cream. Then we spread it onto the puff pastry,
added the raspberries, and topped it with more cream mixture.
We put the raspberry compote on.
The compote turned out to be more of a jam, but we pretended not to notice. After the compulsory taste test,
(which judging by his face, was satisfactory) we set out the rest of the ingredients to take to school so he could be a 'chef' and demonstrate eet to de class in de morning. Now it was 11:29 p.m. and he still had to make his poster to show the teacher the process. I let him take care of this, and I went to bed.
The puff pastry was supposed to thaw for two hours. We didn't have two hours. I was fading. We fast tracked it in the microwave. (If you try this at home, kids, take it out after 1 minute or you'll have puff pastry soup.) Good job we had more than one cookie sheet because the instructions were to put one sheet over top of the other. Luckily, I already had the parchment
Around 11:00 p.m. we were folding the custard
into the whipping cream. Then we spread it onto the puff pastry,
added the raspberries, and topped it with more cream mixture.
We put the raspberry compote on.
The compote turned out to be more of a jam, but we pretended not to notice. After the compulsory taste test,
(which judging by his face, was satisfactory) we set out the rest of the ingredients to take to school so he could be a 'chef' and demonstrate eet to de class in de morning. Now it was 11:29 p.m. and he still had to make his poster to show the teacher the process. I let him take care of this, and I went to bed.
Comments
But what about the parents who heard this ALL night...did they despair?
I guess a parent GROWS PAST the growing pains of their children....
xoxox
C