My Sister

This week, my sister celebrated her birthday. Although belated, this is her birthday card. The rest of you get to peek in on the contents of it.
- My sister is very creative. When we were young, she made up elaborate plays for us to be in. The only one I didn't really like was the one where she wanted me to be the elephant and she would be the circus trainer. I was a little insulted.
- My sister is willing to compromise with me. [Except for that little elephant incident, which ended in her hitting me on the head with the baton because I wouldn't cooperate] Learning to compromise is such an important life skill when you are in close quarters. Because my sister and I know how to compromise, we have a ton of fun.
- My sister and I played Barbies for hours on end. Even though we only had 'pseudo' Barbies (we couldn't afford the real ones) and our Ken doll was a mango seed with magic marker eyes, we still managed to entertain ourselves for hours on end. One of our famous phrases when our imaginary scenes didn't work out was "Let's pretend that didn't happen." I have often thought how handy that would be in real life.
- My sister is a forgiving person. It took me a long time to confess to stealing the Smarties from her drawer during that one Easter season. When I did, she said she already knew and she forgave me. [I think she hid them a little better the next time because I never found any more Smarties to snitch again. ]
- My sister is very artistic. I, on the other hand, am not. I just copy her. Or get her to draw it for me.
- My sister and I went to each other's birthday parties. I don't know if she always wanted me to be there, but I liked her friends almost better than I liked my own. I remember taking pictures of her on her 14th birthday with my 'Brownie Star Flash' camera. They were black and white and I was very impressed with myself when they came back and I could see her head and shoulders with a the garage door being such a lovely LARGE backdrop)
- My sister listens to God. There have been so many times when she has said to me "I just felt that I should".. and then she goes and does whatever it is that she felt she should do and it turns out that was EXACTLY the right thing to do.
- My sister is insightful. And she loves me enough to tell me when she thinks I've got it wrong - or right.
- My sister is incredibly funny. She doesn't tell a lot of jokes, but she can make finishing comments that crack me up. Like the time in Grade 12 Math where the teacher and a boy were having an all out shouting match. My sister commented "Sticks and stones will break my bones...."
- My sister is very thoughtful. I have hidden her little notes all over my house so that when I am cleaning up different sections, I will run across them again. They very often end in
"Love you more than you know" ....
I am blessed to have my sister in my life. Even though this birthday card is a little late, it comes with lots of love and thankfulness for the memories we have shared and the ones that we will share! Happy birthday Sis! Love you more than you know....
Comments
And I love you BOTH ---- MORE THAN YOU KNOW
However, I suspect you suspect.
D-0