Marni's Spring Time Bonanza

I was cleaning out papers the other day and had the gut-wrenching decision about what to do with last year's day planner calendar. For some reason, I am loathe to throw out 12 months worth of appointments, dates, random phone numbers, and lists of things. I sat there for at least 25 minutes before deciding what to do.


Let it go.


Some things are harder to let go than others. I don't mind throwing out other people's stuff because that stuff means very little to me. But If I have to get rid of 'my' stuff, I have a few arguments about it! Most of the things I have a hard time releasing are 'little things'. Antique music sheets. Picture frames that once showcased my kids. Furniture purchased with 'hard won' dollars. Old pages from my day planner. Generally these are things which I don't look at, but the mention of them, brings on a strong reaction. First it's a memory of the enjoyment of the article. Then it's an evaluation of how current it is. Then an analysis of what I should do with it. "Oh yeah, that!!!!! I love that!!!! Will I look at it? No. Do I use it currently? No. Can I get let it go? No."

The reward for letting go is freedom. I enjoy the euphoria of being unencumbered. I have storage space. I don't have to look at that furniture anymore. I have clean drawers and my day planner is no longer stuffed full of unnecessary paper.

So after those minutes sitting there wondering what I should do, I finally put the papers through the shredder. Mission accomplished. Now it's onto the rest. I am making a list of other things that need the same kind of attention. I'm going to call it a virtual garage sale.

Anyone need:
A roll top desk?
A 6' pool?
Two end tables?
Three oak bar chairs?
My sons with their pockets full of the junk they find in the day?
ALL STOCK MUST GO!
NO MONEY DOWN!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I would LOVE your roll-top desk, Marni!! When can you bring it by? (I live in Georgia, and I'll make a point to be home when you come!)
Joy
austinclan said…
pool sounds nice...I have a desk/tv stand you might be interested in! ha ha :)

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom