A Very Merry Christmas!
Yesterday, I had a little extra time on my hands. I thought I'd treat myself to some 'me time' and see if I could spend my Christmas gift card for the home decor store.
I was so excited to see how much 'bang' I could get for my 'buck'. I bypassed the gardening supplies. It still seems too much like winter to be looking for additions to the garden. Then I wandered over to the kitchen section. I briefly considered buying a new kettle. I managed to boil my whistling kettle dry the other week and it's looking worse for the wear. But then I decided that apart from aesthetics, it was still functional, so I moved on.
I looked at the silk flowers and decided quickly that I am not adept at making arrangements and my gift card wasn't substantial enough to buy a 'ready-made' so I wandered away.
My next stop was in the office supply area. This was my final frontier.
I love office supplies. I love containers that make me look organized - you know the ones that have lids or drawers, so no one can tell how much paperwork you haven't done this month? Yep, those.
If you had walked by those aisles while I was in the store, I am sure that you would have shaken your head. I couldn't resist taking the pen holders and grouping them together. I also couldn't stop myself from re-arranging the file boxes so that they were all neatly in a row. I put the reds with the reds and brought back the periwinkle ones to their rightful spots.
This was of course in the name of looking for the perfect office supply to satisfy my need to make the most of my gift card and find the perfect piece d' resistance!
Once all the boxes were lined up, I found myself out of a job. I went around the corner, and found the really cute office supplies. These were the brightly colored ones - the polka dotted, the striped, the mix- and-match ones.
There were so many choices! Accordion files! Boxes to put your private papers in! Magazine files! And really interesting magnets! And metal message boards to put your really interesting magnets on! Now my interest was truly piqued. I spent a happy fifteen minutes playing with various combinations. Finally I settled on the polka dot boxes to hold my 'private papers'. I can put them side-by-side. They make my spirit happy. And I will look organized!
Once the decision was made, I happily toted them up to the cashier and brought them home.
Every time I have looked at them today,
I have had a little smile on my face.
I Love This Christmas Gift! It's exactly what I wanted!
I was so excited to see how much 'bang' I could get for my 'buck'. I bypassed the gardening supplies. It still seems too much like winter to be looking for additions to the garden. Then I wandered over to the kitchen section. I briefly considered buying a new kettle. I managed to boil my whistling kettle dry the other week and it's looking worse for the wear. But then I decided that apart from aesthetics, it was still functional, so I moved on.
I looked at the silk flowers and decided quickly that I am not adept at making arrangements and my gift card wasn't substantial enough to buy a 'ready-made' so I wandered away.
My next stop was in the office supply area. This was my final frontier.
I love office supplies. I love containers that make me look organized - you know the ones that have lids or drawers, so no one can tell how much paperwork you haven't done this month? Yep, those.
If you had walked by those aisles while I was in the store, I am sure that you would have shaken your head. I couldn't resist taking the pen holders and grouping them together. I also couldn't stop myself from re-arranging the file boxes so that they were all neatly in a row. I put the reds with the reds and brought back the periwinkle ones to their rightful spots.
This was of course in the name of looking for the perfect office supply to satisfy my need to make the most of my gift card and find the perfect piece d' resistance!
Once all the boxes were lined up, I found myself out of a job. I went around the corner, and found the really cute office supplies. These were the brightly colored ones - the polka dotted, the striped, the mix- and-match ones.
There were so many choices! Accordion files! Boxes to put your private papers in! Magazine files! And really interesting magnets! And metal message boards to put your really interesting magnets on! Now my interest was truly piqued. I spent a happy fifteen minutes playing with various combinations. Finally I settled on the polka dot boxes to hold my 'private papers'. I can put them side-by-side. They make my spirit happy. And I will look organized!
Once the decision was made, I happily toted them up to the cashier and brought them home.
Every time I have looked at them today,I have had a little smile on my face.

I Love This Christmas Gift! It's exactly what I wanted!
Comments
thanks for cheering my day while I was organizing income tax info...
;-)