Memories in a Box
Yesterday was a day to catch up on projects which have been waiting in the wings. My #1 son and I worked together to get one room at a time cleaned up. When we came to the office, I asked him to set up the digital frame my daughter had given us for Christmas.
I had a hard time understanding all the steps he went through, because he was so fast, and so adept, at plugging in all the right cords, and pressing the buttons, and moving the mouse around to download the pictures I had wanted to transfer. Click, snap, click, drag and highlight; all were done in a flash, and now I have the pleasure of looking at the pictures as I work at the computer.
They are pictures from every stage of our life. Some of the kids when they were young, some of extended family, some of the farm, and our vacations.
What fun it is to have them all in one place! I no longer have to wander all over the house to reminisce. There they are fading in and out as I type out my thoughts. As an added bonus, I will be able to add more as long as I can remember something about how to plug in all those cords! As I watch I can go once more to the places which have been part of our memory-makers.
For example, I can return to the beach and watch the boys become pirates amongst the seaweed.
I can head down to the garage sale where my #1 son put a conical-shaped piece of metal on his head and pretended to be Asian.
I can look at my beautiful daughter on her graduation day.
.
And I can enjoy the beautiful fall day when my husband got the boys to pick apples from the tractor bucket.
I can see that there may times when I have to pull myself away from the computer instead of becoming mesmerized by the picture history that is passing in front of my eyes. Thanks Dolly for your gift of memories. I will treasure them! And thank you, my #1 son for hooking my memories up in a box!
What fun it is to have them all in one place! I no longer have to wander all over the house to reminisce. There they are fading in and out as I type out my thoughts. As an added bonus, I will be able to add more as long as I can remember something about how to plug in all those cords! As I watch I can go once more to the places which have been part of our memory-makers.
For example, I can return to the beach and watch the boys become pirates amongst the seaweed.
.
And I can enjoy the beautiful fall day when my husband got the boys to pick apples from the tractor bucket.
I can see that there may times when I have to pull myself away from the computer instead of becoming mesmerized by the picture history that is passing in front of my eyes. Thanks Dolly for your gift of memories. I will treasure them! And thank you, my #1 son for hooking my memories up in a box!
Comments