Nostalgia

I'm feeling nostalgic. Last night I attended part of a basketball game where two young men sat side by side keeping score. As I watched them, I went back to this picture in my mind's eye.
The two of them used to love to play together. They often played side by side like this on their play dates. Who knows what was going through their little minds as they created and explored and learned about their environments.

Last night, I thought about the different paths they have been on. And how those paths have converged once again in their high school years. They seemed to be enjoying the task and each other's company. I wish I'd had a camera to capture that moment for a juxtaposition of them as toddlers and now, young adults.

Call me sedimental sentimental.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey! Don't I recognize those kids? :) Relationships...so important! JC

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom