How Do I love you? Let me Count The Ways

Yesterday I asked my ladies to answer the question "What would you consider a demonstration of true love?" It was quite interesting to hear octogenarians answer the question. There was no "fluff" in their answers. And there wasn't one thing said about physical attraction which serves as a reassurance that gaining a few pounds isn't really that crucial for true love to triumph. And that wrinkles are not even a factor in longevity. Each one thought long and hard about what they would say. At times it seemed that they didn't really have an answer to give. Then slowly, they would look up and give their thoughts on the subject.
Some of them were:
"When you've been through thick and thin and have lived with each other for over 60 years through all the good and bad, and you still enjoy being together:"
"Being willing to lay down your life for someone."
"Not running out at the first sign of trouble".
But my favorite sign of pure devotion was:
"I always made sure that he had the best piece of meat when I was serving dinner."
But my favorite sign of pure devotion was:
"I always made sure that he had the best piece of meat when I was serving dinner."
Comments