25 random things

I've been tagged only I am going to write my random things here.
  1. I love where I live.
  2. I call myself a 'mom in a mini van'. Don't mess with me because you won't win. This is especially directed at those punks young people who drive up beside me with their bass booming so loud that it vibrates all the buildings and vehicles within a 5 km. radius. There's something about that vibration that makes me ticked off enough to take ya. VROOOOMMMM!
  3. I never imagined myself living on the West Coast. There was something unatainable about that living arrangement in my mind. And here I've been for over 20 years.
  4. If I have a free afternoon and go to the beach - even if it is for an hour or so, I come home refreshed and feeling like I've been away on vacation.
  5. I like writing. That is why I have kept my blog for this long. I consider it my own private magazine.
  6. I still feel like a teenager trying to decide what to do with her life. One day I will have "it" all together.
  7. I am the youngest of six children. I often think of my mom at the various seasons of my life and wonder how in the world she did it.
  8. I always thought I'd have four children.
  9. Nothing pleases me more than to have a good tool to help me with the job.
  10. My new favorite tool is the "DELAY" button. I have one on the washing machine and one on the bread maker. It makes me look so organized. I can wake up to fresh bread, or have a load of clean laundry that can be thrown into the dryer. Wow!
  11. I have trouble word finding when I am tired or under stress. So I will call things by the wrong names even as I look at them. Which makes for a fun family game called "What in the world is she talking about ?"
  12. I teach piano as part of my work schedule.
  13. Right now, I am juggling four part time jobs.
  14. I have learned that I cannot be the answer to all the world's problems.
  15. That fact doesn't stop me from trying.
  16. I like reading but I don't keep a whole lot of books around my house.
  17. I get a kick out of doing 'random acts of kindness'.
  18. I set goals for myself every January. This year, my goal is labelled "Just for Today". To me that means I am going to try and take one day at a time and live it to the full rather than borrowing trouble for tomorrow.
  19. I also set goals for myself in September. September is another time to start new. My goals at this time of year usually are about getting projects accomplished.
  20. I have released myself from the word 'diet'. It is a four letter word. My mother taught me not to use four letter words.
  21. I love looking for the funny things in life.
  22. I am determined.
  23. I am hopeful.
  24. I get spring fever about this time every year and want to clear the deck of all the junk.
  25. I like making new friends.
So there you go. I am not going to tag anyone, but if you want to play, I'd love to read what you write! Let me know where it is published so I can read it too!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Re. #18, I remember your mom reminding me one time, "sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof". I remember so clearly we were standing in front of what we called the "new dorm" at Bingham, and it was a beautiful, clear day, but I have no idea what I was worried about.
Joy H.
Becky said…
You do #17 so well. Thanks for the calendar! I love the quotes!

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom