Tripping Down Memory Lane

Some things just take you right back in time.
- I see this picture and I immediately remember lhow much I loved those Plaid Pants. And that Embroidered Sweater. And I see that my hair is just as straight now as it was back then. (Although the color has changed a few times in between).
- When the teacher is phoning in the attendance, the kids are invited to "Tell Miss Marni" their news. One little girl shared that she got a new stuffie. Even though it had been years since I had thought about this, I suddenly remembered my stuffies. One of the missionary ladies made me all kinds of stuffies. One was Humpty Dumpty. I remembered that worrying that they would get cold, and so I would get out of bed and sleep on the floor to save them from hypothermia.
- I sign a permission form for skating and I remember the time that my sister and I were skating on a backyard ice rink. I was congratulating myself on how well I was doing while skating backwards when I rammed into the tree. Nice kid, but she wasn't too co-ordinated sometimes.
- I take my son to the orthodontist and I remember counting the days until I could get my braces off and how much more glamourous I would look. That of course, didn't happen, but I remember how weird it was eating an apple the first day after the braces came off.
- The talk around the birthday party table turns to cold remedies. Someone mentions VICKS and I remember having contests with my sister to see who could keep their eyes open the longest with VICKS just underneath our eyes.
Memory lane: a path we all go down now and then. Sometimes, all it takes is your Dad to send you an email with the subject "A Picture For You." Thanks for the Memories Dad.
Comments
JC