'Tis the Season


Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord,
My soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake
That's one less test I'll have to take.


It is exam season.

The season where the mom of the house has to lay off the nagging reminding about chores like laundry and cleaning the house in lieu of letting her children hit the books.

The season where schedules get turned around and the mom has to leave herself many reminders about who is going to what school on what day and for how long.

The season where the tension in the house is felt on an unconscious level and no one really knows why.

The season where when the cat chooses to do its business under someone's bed and everyone wonders where the bad smell is coming from but no one has the energy to look.

It is definitely exam time.
The one mitigating factor is that there are always a few days when, if the student doesn't have to write an exam, some 'kick back' time can be enjoyed.

That is unless they've signed up to do the lighting for the local theater production.


Ah yes, it's also theater production time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom