So this is Christmas



Every year, I make an effort to release myself from something that causes me stress at Christmas. Some years, it has been baking. Others have been sending cards. [sorry to those who were expecting something that year!] I wander around humming "Let it Go, Let it Go, Let it GO" rather than getting my knickers in a knot about not accomplishing EVeRYtHInG on my LiSTTTTTT!!!!!
This year, it's decorating.
Now before you rush over with a hot water bottle and a sympathy card, let me explain.
I am in the throes of moving many things around in the house. This is due to the fact that, in October, my husband moved his office to a different location and thus, we have inherited a collection of office furniture, dining room furniture, plastic mats, a t.v., a VCR to name a few.
This came shortly after my foray into the world of the big switcheroo to accomodate the "Wii" (you might remember that post, I called it "It all started with the fly on the wall") in the office.
So for the past month, we have been living in what some might interpret as 'moving day' mode.
You know how it goes.
First you move the Wii. Then you add another desk. Then it's no longer feasible to have the bookshelf in the office, so you move that. While you're at it, you purge the books on the shelf. This creates another "to the thrift store" pile which impedes the progress of moving around the other pieces of furniture. Before you take the trip to the thrift store, you realize you might as well get rid of the sellers material for that company you signed up with and never sold anything for. And so on and so on.
Fast forward (through molasses) to Christmas decorations. In order to get them out, I will need to move almost everything in the cubby hole. And that's where the buck ends my friend. I am NOT prepared to do that. I am just beginning to re-discover that there's carpet in the house.
I am content to have a red tablecloth for decoration and once everything is organized into separate corners, I am declaring myself ready to do the Christmas shopping.
Now that's one thing from which I will not be able to release myself. [if anyone needs a dining room table, I know where you can get one....]
Comments