Isn't he just the sweetest thing? Those dark eyes turned blue and the black hair turned blond, and too quickly, this little guy grew taller than his dad and me. Today, it is eighteen years since that bright, blue-skies February morning when he made his debut. It has been eighteen years of many wonderful memories. Very early, I heard him chuckle at his sister's antics. He used to crawl on his belly, pulling himself along with his elbows. And when he was learning how to eat solids, he would say "mmmmNummNumm" as he ate, making the heart of the cook soar (even though it came from a jar). There was the day that I told him that if he sat and watched too much t.v. he would become a couch potatoe. He switched the t.v. off, and proceeded to inform me with little hands outstretched, and sincerity in his voice, that if he played too much Lego, he would become a Lego blueberry. And the Christmas season when we were doing Advent activities. He was drawing a picture of the ...
“Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.” ~Author Unknown~
I decided to make March my month to release the expired. So far... I have thrown out all makeup with less than one drop in the bottom of the jar. I finally dumped the cauliflower in cheeze sauce I made for Christmas dinner. I threw out the Pepto Bismol from 2010 - not even opened. It feels good to be rid of them. It also makes me happy that I won't have to worry about bacteria in old makeup And that my husband won't get sick from my cooking And that my health has been good enough not to need the Pepto Bismol at all. Inspired by these events, I went through my closets. It is almost time to swap the winter for the summer. My winter clothes seemed to have stood the test of time for now. However, my shoes were showing major signs of wear. I decided on two pairs that I need to say "Farewell" to. The corollary of getting rid of what is expired is that I now have room to add a couple new pairs. ...
Comments
Congrats to you and Congrats to Jen.
clwl