Milestones
Well, I was all set to write up a little something on Monday, but something happened....what was it? Oh yes, Life.
So I am setting myself down to write a little post on Milestones since I have a few minutes to think. Here are some of the Milestones that I have marked this past year. I'll start from the most recent and work forward:
Tonight I was listening to the radio and the lyrics of the song "100" by Five For Fighting struck me. It is speaking about the way you look at life when you are young as if you have all the time in the world. I liked the line "When you only have a 100 years to live". It stuck me again that even if I live to be a hundred, there'll never be enough time to fully enjoy the sunrise, or the feeling of the rain on my cheek, or the hug of a loved one. It spurred me onto "seize the day".
Here's some of the lyrics.....
...."Time to buy, Time to lose yourself
Within a morning star
15 I'm all right with you
15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live......."
Because it's late and I want to get this posted, I'm going to leave it at that.
If you want to check out all the lyrics, go to http://www.absolutelyrics.com/lyrics/view/five_for_fighting/100_years/
So I am setting myself down to write a little post on Milestones since I have a few minutes to think. Here are some of the Milestones that I have marked this past year. I'll start from the most recent and work forward:
- As of December 1 2008, I have been blogging for two years. Yay me! I started blogging with the intention of learning a few new skills and was quite convinced that by the time I got used to it, I'd tire of it and that would be IT. However, I discovered quite the opposite. I have really enjoyed the process of writing and many of you have been so encouraging to me that I have kept it up with no plans to stop.....maybe just pausing ..... you know....when life....gets in the way.....
- I started a new job. It is kind of like that saying "Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver, the other gold. The job description is nothing like what I am used to - but it has given me a chance to be in the school system and observe what goes on there. It's given me a chance to see if being a teacher is something that might be worth pursuing.
- I no longer have children in elementary school.
- I no longer have all my children in school. One is now out trying her wings in the job market.
- I now have a child who is old enough to vote. (And she is taking that responsibility very seriously - researching the candidates before she votes)
- I and my husband have passed the 20 year mark of marriage. Only five more years before I get the ring which will complete my set. He told me that I wouldn't get the third ring until our 25th.
- I have seen our daughter graduate from high school.
- I have a son who is now old enough to drive.
- I have a son who is now a teenager.
- My Dad is now an octogenarian.
- My brother is now a quinquagenarian.
Tonight I was listening to the radio and the lyrics of the song "100" by Five For Fighting struck me. It is speaking about the way you look at life when you are young as if you have all the time in the world. I liked the line "When you only have a 100 years to live". It stuck me again that even if I live to be a hundred, there'll never be enough time to fully enjoy the sunrise, or the feeling of the rain on my cheek, or the hug of a loved one. It spurred me onto "seize the day".
Here's some of the lyrics.....
...."Time to buy, Time to lose yourself
Within a morning star
15 I'm all right with you
15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live......."
Because it's late and I want to get this posted, I'm going to leave it at that.
If you want to check out all the lyrics, go to http://www.absolutelyrics.com/lyrics/view/five_for_fighting/100_years/
Comments
Am on the way... won't be back for another day..
Looking really looking forward to being with all of you
D-0