My New Best Friend

I have to tell you about my new best friend.


This is one of those items which never quite made it into my cart because it was so expensive. How could I justify spending that much money on something that I couldn't eat.

Then, I had a casual conversation with a co-worker about baking and cooking. I asked her advice on how to clean up the big mess I'd made baking cinnamon buns. When the smoke alarm alerted me to the fact that they needed to be taked out of the oven I found that the combination of too much brown sugar and butter at the bottom of the pan...[and probably blogging for just a little too long] had caused an amazing amount of carmelized carbon at the bottom of the pan.

First she suggested pouring boiling water on it (that was fairly successful) and then she suggested using parchment paper the next time. Then I learned that she used parchment paper on her George Forman Grill. "Saves clean up on the chicken dinner" she said.

I'm all over that. Cleaning up is not my favorite part of the job.

So off I went to the store to buy parchment paper for the first time in my life.

I have to say, that I am a total convert to this amazing product. I use it for cookies, for cinnamon buns, for casseroles, for grilling chicken, for cakes...just about anything that can be put in the oven, now gets parchment paper under it.

Not only does it save the baking (if you forget to set the timer, you have a little more time to get to them before they become hockey pucks for your sons to take out to the driveway for practicing) but it saves on clean up. Slide the products off the paper and rinse out your pan. Throw some flour in your face and go find something REALLY fun to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom