Fine Print
I don't know if you are anything like me, but I find myself stopping at the "CLEARANCE" bins. I sift through all the items looking for a deal on my favorites. Truth be told, however, I like to find new and exciting options in the bin just for the fun of trying out a product without paying top price.
Such was my experience a little while ago when I found this item. It was marked down from$4.97 to $3.99 and promised "sheer moisture". Not only that, but I was also given the assurance that it was "advanced care".
I'm advancing. So I thought I would try it out. So I picked up a bottle, took it up to the cashier, and gave it a whirl.
As a consumer decision goes, it was a good one. The moisture was just as sheer as it promised. The minute I put it on my hands, the at-once cooling effect and the rapidity that it dissipated into my skin was truly amazing. The smell was light and airy. It was like going out into a spring breeze. This product seemed to deliver on all it's promises.
As you probably know by now, when I find a product I like, I have everyone in my studio audience try it as well. Why keep a good thing to myself? Everyone loved it. They too commented on how lovely and light and easy to use this moisturizer was.
Everyone that is, until my daughter used it. She looked at it and was immediately confused. "Is it supposed to be good for my arm hair?" she asked. I looked at her perplexed. "What do you mean for your arm hair? No, it's for your skin. Look at it again."
She did, and still wondered why I was encouraging her to use the product for skin care. I took the bottle from her and looked more closely.
Sure enough, it said "Anti Frizz Finishing Cream. Smoothes frizz and flyaways."
I think it's time to get glasses to see the fine[est] print.
Such was my experience a little while ago when I found this item. It was marked down from$4.97 to $3.99 and promised "sheer moisture". Not only that, but I was also given the assurance that it was "advanced care".
I'm advancing. So I thought I would try it out. So I picked up a bottle, took it up to the cashier, and gave it a whirl.
As a consumer decision goes, it was a good one. The moisture was just as sheer as it promised. The minute I put it on my hands, the at-once cooling effect and the rapidity that it dissipated into my skin was truly amazing. The smell was light and airy. It was like going out into a spring breeze. This product seemed to deliver on all it's promises.
As you probably know by now, when I find a product I like, I have everyone in my studio audience try it as well. Why keep a good thing to myself? Everyone loved it. They too commented on how lovely and light and easy to use this moisturizer was.
Everyone that is, until my daughter used it. She looked at it and was immediately confused. "Is it supposed to be good for my arm hair?" she asked. I looked at her perplexed. "What do you mean for your arm hair? No, it's for your skin. Look at it again."
She did, and still wondered why I was encouraging her to use the product for skin care. I took the bottle from her and looked more closely.
Sure enough, it said "Anti Frizz Finishing Cream. Smoothes frizz and flyaways."
I think it's time to get glasses to see the fine[est] print.

Comments