Grade Two
Today, I was in Grade Two. I haven't been in Grade Two for a very long time. It was a little like throwing a whole bunch of balls up in the air and trying to catch them all at once. Re-entering that world was an adrenalin-filled experience.
In Language Arts, we spelled words, and sounded out phonograms. I felt like the special helper when I was asked to read a chapter or two from the chapter book. I was relieved that when it came time for Math, we were counting by Fives. I was good at that back in the day, so didn't have to try and keep up there. In Socials, I felt myself scrambling mentally as we discussed lakes, and rivers and inlets and bays. I tried to keep it allstrait straight in my mind.
In P.E. the kids ran around like crazy. And I was amazed at all the energy they displayed so late in the day.
These last couple months of working [as somewhat of an observer] in the school system , I daily pay silent tribute to all that teachers do. I only have to concentrate on helping one child in the class room. They have multiple numbers of kids to look out for. Not only that, but they have multiple hats to wear. Subject(s) teacher, partnering with parents, environmentalist, learning challenges expert, community liaison, physical activity log-keeper, technology expert, seamstress, acting director, music major - just to name a few. It blows me away.
So here's to all the staff who work in the school system. You are Valuable and Valued. Never forget that. And never give up. Never! Never! Never!
In Language Arts, we spelled words, and sounded out phonograms. I felt like the special helper when I was asked to read a chapter or two from the chapter book. I was relieved that when it came time for Math, we were counting by Fives. I was good at that back in the day, so didn't have to try and keep up there. In Socials, I felt myself scrambling mentally as we discussed lakes, and rivers and inlets and bays. I tried to keep it all
In P.E. the kids ran around like crazy. And I was amazed at all the energy they displayed so late in the day.
These last couple months of working [as somewhat of an observer] in the school system , I daily pay silent tribute to all that teachers do. I only have to concentrate on helping one child in the class room. They have multiple numbers of kids to look out for. Not only that, but they have multiple hats to wear. Subject(s) teacher, partnering with parents, environmentalist, learning challenges expert, community liaison, physical activity log-keeper, technology expert, seamstress, acting director, music major - just to name a few. It blows me away.
So here's to all the staff who work in the school system. You are Valuable and Valued. Never forget that. And never give up. Never! Never! Never!

Comments