Thanksgiving Project - Introduction


It's that time of year again. Thanksgiving. If you are like me, the first thing that enters your mind is "good food"! The second thing that enters my mind is "oh yeah, count your blessings". I'm going to make it my Thanksgiving project to be thankful for 10 things a day until next Monday.
You get to be the recipient(s) of this. I hope it will spur you on to taking time to look at life through a different lens.
  1. I am thankful for the variety I enjoy in my life. I don't work in just one place, so I have opportunity to work with and get to know a lot of different people. I love the juxtaposition of teaching young minds and offering older people the opportunity to access their former skills as well as learn new ones.
  2. I am thankful for a great recipe for buns that makes my family so happy, and that is so easy to make it makes me look like the great baker of '08.
  3. I am thankful for the opportunity to go out in the evening and lock up around the farm. I get to see the stars, stomp around in my lime green gumboots and enjoy a late night conversation with my husband.
  4. I am thankful for my Dad. I am thankful for his unfailing interest in my life and the life of my family. The way he cheers us on in our successes and encourages us in our disappointments is always welcome.
  5. I am thankful for the fun I have helping out in Sunday School. Today a little girl informed me that first she would be in Kindergarten, then Grade One, then Grade Two, then Grade Three, then Grade Four, then Grade Five, then Grade Six and then Grade Ten, and after that, she'd be in Grade 100.
  6. I am thankful for safe travel. I do a lot of it during the week and I am always grateful to arrive home in one piece. My mom used to sing "Alleluia" when we drove in the driveway. Even though we mocked her, I get why she did.
  7. I am thankful for my the opportunity to try out writing. In the immortal paraphrase of Sally Fields "I like it, I really like it!"
  8. I am thankful for email. You don't get as many bills! :)
  9. I am thankful for my vacuum. It does such a good job. And it always gives me a feeling of accomplishment when I pull it out. Like I'm really going to do something concrete about keeping my house in some semblance of order.
  10. I am thankful for the ability to see the beauty around me. I am thankful for the cell phone camera that captures it well enough that I can share it with you. (That was a bonus one. No extra charge)

Comments

Anonymous said…
psst...I am thankful for you and a thankful day to remember to express it!

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't have missed it for the world

Freedom