Thanksgiving Project #4 - And the gifts go on...

I am continuing my thankfulness project. Hope you aren't bored yet. It is kind of funny that since the weekend when I started it, the project has become a bit of a fun -finder. I look at something and think "hey I could put that on today's list". Of course by the time I find my way to the computer, most of those brilliant thoughts have flown away. So I'll start from scratch.
Scratching my head...scratch, scratch, wrinkle the nose, stare off into space, go and check the load of laundry..see the detergent and think of getting all those groceries this afternoon...oh yeah...
1. I'm thankful for the occasional trip to Costco. There's something decadent about being able to stroll down the aisles and load up with 500 rolls of toilet paper, 3 million tea bags, and enough skim milk powder to make a ton of really great breadmaker buns. (o.k, just realizing strolling is not a good word here because it's more of a tugging action as your buggy becomes laden with things that you are stocking up for in case the next natural disaster happens tommorrow)
2. I'm thankful for my oldest best friend who's not even related to me but who has known me and loves me anyway. She is someone I let get away with asking me pointed questions which make me re-evaluate my modus operandi.
3. I'm thankful for my brothers. I have three of them. My oldest brother is my hero. If he said I was terrific, I would believe him. My second oldest brother has a gift for thoughtful reflection. I have been the recepient of this many times. My third oldest brother and I share a similar sense of humor. Therefore, I must never sit beside him at a funeral.
4. I am thankful for the bathtub. Nothing says "relaxing evening" more than the sound of hot water running in the tub with a magazine and - if all goes well- a candle or two.
5. I am thankful for my longest-lasting job. I work with a terrific team. I am given incredible scope in exploring many facets of music therapy.
6. I am thankful for many treasures. In every room of my house are items which mean so much to me - the deacon's bench which has my sister's tapestry (designed by older brother #2) on the seat. - the last ball of cotton my mom was crocheting with - the Willow tree figurine my husband gave me when we went on our first family trip - you know...treasures!
7. I am thankful for http://www.kraftcanada.ca/ which is an easy to use website if you are in a time crunch and need supper on the table in 3.7 minutes. Type in three ingredients and they'll give you a recipe!
8. I am thankful for the opportunity to speak to the Registered Care Attendants about Music Therapy as part of their education. It always challenges me - and tomorrow, when I go, I'm going to do a power point presentation - just for fun.
9. I am thankful for time savers- like realizing that, using Control "Z" will undo your last correction. Bread makers, Excel programs, front loading washers and dryers....
10. I am thankful for the growth that I see in my children - each of them developing according to their bent. I am pleased to be on the sidelines cheering them on, knowing that I have a part in it all.
Comments